We’re up all night to get episode six! On the sixth Box Angeles podcast, the wonderful improviser Molly Erdman stops by Studio 202. She discusses college degrees in theatre, getting hired and subsequently fired from her “greatest” gig ever (Sonic drive-in commercials) and more!
The BA #006 Breakdown —
– The 12 Days of Christmas.
– Molly’s many funny commercials like Geico.
– Box rants on attractive Los Angeles professionals.
– Molly’s choice of alcohol and why Box’ was nervous to ask her on the pod.
– How Molly got and subsequently lost her “greatest” job ever, Sonic drive-in commercials.
– Growing up in Dallas and attending Tufts University in Boston.
– Things being named after people.
– The rigors of a getting a college degree in theatre.
– Molly’s move to Chicago and finding successes.
– A college education versus an improv education.
– Molly’s move to LA and her favorite part of the city.
– Actor, theatre, improviser spellings.
– Molly describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Molly’s plugs, like her book Catalog Living at Its Most Absurd: Decorating Takes Wicker Balls.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Firestone, 805