Episode nine started from the bottom now it’s here! On the ninth Box Angeles podcast, comedian / actor Tone Bell swings by Studio 202. He discusses his love for throw pillows, getting hunted down by the actors union, how he handled the cancellation of NBC’s Whitney and more!
The BA #009 Breakdown —
– Tone loves of throw pillows.
– Box rants on the pointlessness of New Years Eve.
– Comedians are either sober or alcoholics.
– Growing up in Atlanta, attending Savannah State University and mascoting.
– Working in San Francisco and then Dallas.
– Why Tone started doing stand up and why he moved to Los Angeles.
– The difficulty of dating in Hollywood.
– Getting his first commercial and being hunted down by SAG.
– Origin of the name ‘Tone’.
– Tone’s reaction to Whitney being cancelled.
– Tone distracted by Studio 202 surroundings. Twice.
– Westside Comedy Theatre, Tone’s favorite place in LA.
– Tone describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Advice and plugs.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Mission Street, Blonde Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He likes to quote Drake, apparently. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.