Baby do you dare to do this, ’cause episode thirteen is coming at you like a dark horse! On the thirteenth Box Angeles podcast, improviser Craig Cackowski stops by Studio 202. He discusses being the darling of indie improv, struggling to find his “type”, agents / managers, favorite gigs like HBO’s Veep and more!
The BA #013 Breakdown —
– Craig Cackowski = the darling of the indie improv scene.
– Box “rants” 12a/12p.
– Craig’s first commercial, and it happened to be beer related.
– Struggling to find a “type” and Peter Sellers.
– Growing up in Virginia and entertainment beginnings.
– Finding improv and studying theatre at William & Mary.
– Moving to Chicago, starting out at Improv Olympic and Second City.
– Graduating to Los Angeles and the drive across country.
– Craig’s favorite part of LA.
– Agents, managers and the business of entertainment.
– Craig’s two favorite gigs; Veep and Trust Us w/ Your Life.
– Craig describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Green Flash Brewing, West Coast IPA
For more Craig, watch him on Comedy Central’s Drunk History, catch him live in Los Angeles at the Thrilling Adventure Hour (or listen to the show’s podcast) and of course follow him on Twitter @cackowski.
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He prefers military / euro time. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.