But if episode seventeen closed its eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all? On the seventeenth Box Angeles podcast, comedian Sean Conroy stops by the brand new Studio 309. He discusses what it was like teaching junior high in Harlem, how it felt when he discovered Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB) improv, a recent incident on an airplane and more!
The BA #017 Breakdown —
– Box rants correlation between cold showers and bad days.
– Does Sean identify more as a stand up or as an improviser?
– Growing up in New Rochelle, NY and taking the subway as a young lad.
– Finding sketch and improv comedy at Holy Cross and in NYC.
– Teaching junior high in Harlem and touring the country w/ Chicago City Limits improv.
– Discovering Upright Citizens Brigade and its beginnings in New York.
– Being wooed to Los Angeles with only one bag.
– A story about a recent incident on an airplane and favorite part of LA.
– Sean describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Sean shares who / what he enjoys to watch and who he’d want to work with.
– Sean’s favorite thing he has done – answer, his one man show Taught – and advice for those getting into entertainment.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Hangar 24, Orange Wheat
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He finds a cold shower will ruin his day. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.