Episode eighteen is drunk in love, it wants you! On the eighteenth Box Angeles podcast, actor / improviser Eugene Cordero stops by the brand new Studio 309. He discusses the story behind his recent appearance on Hawaii Five-0, attending college in New York City, what ‘success’ means to him, how it felt performing improv for expensive Showtime cameras in House of Lies Live and more!
The BA #018 Breakdown —
– Box rants one ply toilet paper.
– How a Hawaii Five-O mock video can land you a guest role.
– Growing up in the south suburbs of Detroit and finding the arts.
– Moving to NYC and attending Marymount Manhattan College.
– Starting improv with Chicago City Limits and discovering UCB.
– Driving to Los Angeles and finding oneself in a new market.
– Eugene’s favorite part of LA, is, chill.
– Teaching improv at USC and what does ‘success’ mean.
– Correlations between wanting to act and becoming a priest.
– Why Eugene enjoys improv and his experience in the House of Lies Live show.
– Eugene describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Eugene shares who / what he enjoys to watch and who he’d want to work with.
– Eugene’s favorite thing he has done and advice for those getting into entertainment.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, Cabrillo Kölsch
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He has a strong dislike for one ply toilet paper and those that make it and buy it. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.