Let it go, let it go, episode nineteen can’t hold it back anymore; let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door! On the nineteenth Box Angeles podcast, improviser / podcaster Cole Stratton stops by Studio 309. He discusses how he came to be a co-founder of the SF Sketchfest, compares improv to the East / West coast rap battle, shares the origins of his Pop My Culture podcast and more!
The BA #019 Breakdown —
– Box rants Ikea.
– Winter beers and craft cocktails.
– Cole’s favorite pop culture moment of 2014; aka the Biebs.
– Born in Michigan and growing up in Davis, CA.
– Transitioning from directing to acting and Cole’s favorite movie.
– Discovering improv as a youth and comparing it to the East / West coast rap battle.
– The origins of SF Sketchfest and moving to Los Angeles.
– Cole’s favorite part of LA and starting the Pop My Culture podcast.
– Pop culture trivia, Jeopardy and Twitter campaigns.
– Cole describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Cole shares who he enjoys to watch / listen to and who he’d want to work with.
– Cole’s favorite thing he has done and defines what success means to him.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Hangar 24, Hullabaloo Winter Beer
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He dislikes Ikea but loves Disney. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.