So don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with episode twenty-one, it’s not a bad thing to fall in love! On the twenty-first Box Angeles podcast, dancer / choreographer Shara Smallwood stops by the studio. She discusses why she considers dance to be a sport, why she majored in mass communication, what’s it like going on auditions and more!
The BA #021 Breakdown —
– Box rants the antiquated ‘no elbows on the table’ system.
– Dancing in heels and drinking mimosas.
– The pinnacle of the dance world and Maslow’s self actualization.
– The sport of dancing and starting at the age of three.
– Attending the University of Minnesota and majoring in mass communications instead of dance.
– Moving to Los Angeles – the dance mecca – and auditioning for The Lion King.
– Agents of the dancing world and dance headshots.
– Shara’s favorite part of LA and Disney princesses.
– Dancing at the White House and in a Beyonce video.
– Shara describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Shara shares who she enjoys to watch dance.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Stone, Pale Ale
For more Shara follow her on Twitter @SharaSmallwood.
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He dislikes the ‘no elbows on the table’ rule. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.