Call it magic, cut episode twenty-six in two, and with all your magic, it disappears from view! On the twenty-sixth Box Angeles podcast, actor Betsy Baker (The Evil Dead, The Middle, ER) stops by Studio 309. She discusses throwing talent shows in garages as a youth, how she came about landing Sam Raimi’s cult-classic The Evil Dead, how it feels to have your face tattooed on strangers’ bodies and more!
The BA #026 Breakdown —
– Box rants ice trays.
– Growing up in Southwest Michigan and growing up on the lake as a middle child.
– Throwing garage talent shows and graduating from Michigan State.
– Working summers at lodges in the Blue Ridge Mountains and moving to Miami Beach.
– Moving to Detroit and starting acting in industrials.
– Landing The Evil Dead and attending conventions still today for the cult classic.
– What it is like having your face tattooed on someone’s body.
– Becoming a mom and running a entertainment trailer rental company.
– Getting back into acting and staying to true to values.
– Betsy describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Betsy discusses who / what she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Betsy’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Mission, El Conquistador Extra Pale Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks folks need to buck up and fill ice cube trays to the top. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.