When episode twenty-seven met you in the summer, to its heartbeat sound; y’all fell in love, as the leaves turned brown! On the twenty-seventh Box Angeles podcast, actor / writer Seth Morris (I Love You Man, Step Brothers) stops by Studio 309. He discusses how he messed around after high school – like by biking across the country – different odd jobs he has had throughout his life, how he became the first artistic director for the Upright Citizens Brigade theatre in Los Angeles and more!
The BA #027 Breakdown —
– Box rants future time frames in cinema.
– Writing rituals and growing up in Marin County, CA.
– Finding theatre in high school and eff-ing around after graduation.
– Biking across country, from San Francisco to Florida and working odd jobs.
– Attending UC Santa Cruz and graduating with a degree in drama.
– Moving to NYC and discovering the Upright Citizens Brigade community.
– Switching coasts and becoming the Artistic Director at UCB.
– Becoming the first writer for Funny or Die and later working for The Kroll Show.
– Landing a manager and favorite part of Los Angeles.
– Seth describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Seth discusses who / what he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Seth’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Lagunitas, IPA
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks films need to ‘cut-to’ further in the future. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.