Fire up episode twenty-eight, another round of shots, turn down for what! On the twenty-eighth Box Angeles podcast, voice actor Trevor Devall (Johnny Test, Big Time Movie) stops by Studio 309. He discusses how he used his ‘brass balls’ to get an agent, why voice work isn’t as easy as folks think, but why it is the best job in the world and more!
The BA #028 Breakdown —
– Box rants parking at Griffith Park on a busy Saturday.
– Growing up in Edmonton, Alberta and starting out in plays and dancing.
– Being cool in high school and attending the University of Alberta.
– Moving to Vancouver and using ‘Balls of Brass’ to get an agent.
– Entering voice and the industry itself.
– Animation v. Commercial v. Movie Trailer, et cetera.
– Acting on-camera in Big Time Movie and moving to Los Angeles
– Having an ‘extraordinary’ green card and favorite part of LA.
– Being the perfect amount of ‘celebrity’ and why voice acting isn’t easy.
– Voice acting, the best job in the world and tips / tricks.
– Trevor describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Trevor discusses who he enjoys to watch, what his goal in voice is and who he’d like to work with.
– Trevor’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Coronado Brewing, Idiot IPA
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks in general workers should help their customers out more often. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.