Episode thirty-two is gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier. It’s gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist! On the thirty-second Box Angeles singer Kristine Mirelle (The X Factor) stops by Studio 309. She discusses how she started out playing piano in Roswell, why she started her chip business Lil Kristi’s, how she traveled across the country selling her music and more!
The BA #032 Breakdown —
– Box rants confusing words that have positive / negative meanings, like ‘bomb’ and ‘kill’.
– Drinking and rituals and sleep.
– Growing up in Roswell and starting piano at four years old.
– Starting a business – Lil’ Kristi’s chips – to make money and increase brand.
– The power music has and doing classical piano competitions in high school.
– Selling music – and chocolate – to classmates as well as door-to-door across the country.
– Moving to Los Angeles and landing an Australian tour from a modeling gig.
– Landing a cruise ship gig and landing The X Factor.
– Favorite part of LA and how internet has opened up the music industry.
– Kristine describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Kristine discusses who she enjoys to listen to and who she’d like to work with.
– Kristine’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Lagunitas, Little Sumpin’ Sumpin Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He finds English to be confusing. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.