But even if the stars and moon collide, episode thirty-four never wants you back into its life. You can take your words and all your lies, oh it really doesn’t care! On the thirty-fourth Box Angeles writer / improviser Mike Betette (Epic Rap Battles of History) stops by Studio 309. He discusses why you should be vulnerable, how he started doing improv in high school, what sorts of odd jobs he has worked, his experiences doing traveling improv and more!
The BA #034 Breakdown —
– Box rants people that say they prefer real books because of “the feel of turning the pages”.
– Drinking and rituals and vulnerability.
– Growing up in western New York and doing improv in high school band.
– Attending Oswego State University for English literature and poor memory.
– Writing / directing unique plays for New Voices and running the college improv club.
– Moving to Chicago after graduation and beginning at iO.
– Getting a ‘real argument’ featured on Conan and meeting the wifey.
– Working odd temp jobs and joining Mission Improvable.
– Traveling the country and moving to Los Angeles.
– Working a cruise ship for Second City and starting at Westside Comedy.
– Mike describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Mike discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Mike’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Closing line / sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, Heal The Bay IPA
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He hates cliches about real books. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.