Oh, won’t you stay with episode thirty-six? ‘Cause you’re all it needs! On the thirty-sixth Box Angeles photographer Matt Misisco stops by Studio 309. He discusses his preference for film over digital, his time studying abroad in Brazil, what his photographic dreams entail, the feeling you get knowing when you got the photo and more!
The BA #036 Breakdown —
– Box rants eye connection when crossing hiking paths.
– Drinking and rituals and amateur photography.
– Growing up in Navy family and going to high school in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA.
– Preference of film and the dislike of Instagram.
– Studying abroad in Brazil and a dark period at Santa Barbara City College.
– Graduating with an art history degree and moving to Los Angeles.
– The dream scenario for photography and interest in being director of photography.
– Getting in with agents and getting your own photo taken.
– Matt describes what he does in three words, shares the first photos he sold and gives his logline.
– Matt discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to photograph.
– Matt’s favorite thing he has done, how he defines success and knowing when you got the photo.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Anchor, California Lager
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He wishes folks made eye contact while passing on a hike. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.