‘Cause in a sky, ’cause in a sky full of stars, episode thirty-seven thinks it saw you! On the thirty-seventh Box Angeles actor / improviser Mary Holland (Silicon Valley, Comedy Bang! Bang!) stops by Studio 309. She discusses what caused her to start drinking later in life, her formidable years in the mountains of Virginia, her time spent at the Interlochen Center of the Arts, how she came upon the Upright Citizens Brigade and more!
The BA #037 Breakdown —
– Box rants the lack of a plastic bag ban not being everywhere.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Galax Virginia and wanting to be the center of attention.
– Being the class clown and talking monologues to oneself.
– Playing in the mountains and moving to Michigan to attend Interlochen Center for the Arts.
– Auditioning for Juilliard and attending Northern Illinois.
– Spending a summer studying in Moscow and doing the iO intensive in Chicago.
– Moving to Los Angeles and discovering UCB.
– Getting a theatrical agent and favorite part of LA.
– Mary describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Mary discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Mary’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Stone, Go To IPA
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks the plastic bag ban should be blanketed everywhere. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.