You’re gone and episode thirty-eight’s gotta stay high all the time, to keep you off its mind! On the thirty-eighth Box Angeles improviser Shaun Boylan stops by Studio 309. He discusses idolizing his brother growing up, his time in the International Baccalaureate program, his summer spent in Chicago doing an iO intensive and more!
The BA #038 Breakdown —
– Box rants the double jeopardy-ness of parking tickets / towing.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Boca Raton, FL and idolizing an older brother.
– Joining the International Baccalaureate program and then getting kicked out.
– Playing basketball and attending Florida State University.
– Writing / performing Curtain Call: A Fist Full of Follies and discovering improv in college.
– Doing an iO intensive over a summer and graduating with a creative writing degree.
– Moving to Los Angeles, favorite part and odd jobs.
– Discovering Westside Comedy and it taking off from there.
– Shaun describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Shaun discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Shaun’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, Get Up Offa That Brown
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks parking and towing is a form of double jeopardy. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.