Because you know episode forty is all about that bass, ’bout that bass, no treble! On the fortieth Box Angeles casting director Dorian Frankel (Parks and Recreation, Curb Your Enthusiasm) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being a wallflower as a youth, her time working for the circus, how she ended up casting and more!
The BA #040 Breakdown –
– Box rants horse feces not being picked up in the hills of Los Angeles.
– Lady lagers, drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Teaneck, NJ and being a wallflower.
– Dreams and going to the all-women Mount Holyoke College.
– Thoughts from a CD versus thoughts from an actor.
– Graduating with a degree in theatre and moving to NYC.
– Flirting with entertainment work positions and working for the circus.
– Landing a Binaca commercial and acting resumes.
– Being a shoe model, a small spot in Playboy in Aspen and moving to Los Angeles.
– Working odd jobs, taking improv, doing real estate and finally discovering casting.
– Tips for actors and day-to-day.
– Dorian describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Dorian discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Dorian’s favorite thing she has done, favorite part of LA and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, Hefeweizen
For more Dorian, audition for something or visit her IMDB page.
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks picking up horse poo should be a law. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.
Category - Episodes