Bang bang into the room. Bang bang all over you. Wait a minute let episode forty-one take you there! On the forty-first Box Angeles comedian Greg Santos stops by Studio 309. He discusses the things he did growing up in Las Vegas, how he got into comedy, how he handled the recent passing of his mother and more!
The BA #041 Breakdown —
– Box rants the idea of checking the back of IDs.
– Drinking, rituals and recording sets.
– Growing up in Las Vegas and partying hard in high school.
– Being superstitious and getting involved in drugs.
– A brief stint at Seattle Pacific University and cheating a drug test.
– Back to Vegas and a year at UNLV.
– Moving to San Diego and dropping out of college to work.
– Taking a comedy class and moving to Orange County.
– Moving again to San Diego and starting doing stand up.
– Finally making it to Los Angeles and favorite part of the city.
– Odd jobs like the Getty and an on/off girlfriend.
– Mothers passing and its effect on comedy.
– Sketches with Tunguska Yacht Club and stand up theory.
– Greg describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Greg discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Greg’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Angel City, Summer West Coast Wheat Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks people who check the back of IDs are non-sensical. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.