Episode forty-two needs you darling, come on set the tone, if you feel you’re falling, won’t you let it know! On the forty-second Box Angeles improviser / actor Bob Dassie (Community, The Spoils of Babylon) stops by Studio 309. He discusses his cooking rituals, studying improv under the likes of Del Close, helping the iO West transition and more!
The BA #042 Breakdown —
– Box rants BS tickets.
– Drinking, rituals and recording sets.
– Growing up in Streamwood, IL and playing the saxophone in high school.
– Attending community college, then Northern Illinois University and working with computers.
– Starting out at Second City Northwest, then iO and training under Del Close.
– Having teachers like Stephen Colbert and Steve Carrell and not-odd, but career worthy jobs
– Touring with Second City and performing in WeirDass w/ a significant other.
– Getting married and moving to Los Angeles the day after.
– Performing in NYC w/ UCB and favorite part of LA.
– Helping the iO West start, having kids and getting a theatrical agent.
– The love of improv, return to teaching at NOW and favorite performance space.
– Bob describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Bob discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Bob’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Lagunita, Maximus Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He hates stupid tickets. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.