Boom clap, the sound of episode forty-three’s heart, the beat goes on and on and on and on and! On the forty-third Box Angeles comedian Graham Elwood (The Sarah Silverman Program, Super High Me) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in a midwest performance family, starting stand up at the University of Arizona, hustling for road gigs in Chicago, doing USO Tours and more!
The BA #043 Breakdown —
– Box poorly rants calling for a private industry job.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Madison, WI and growing up in a performing family.
– High school athlete / sports announcer and moving to Evanston.
– Attending the University of Arizona and starting out in stand up comedy.
– Graduating with a media arts degree and moving back to Chicago.
– Hustling for gigs and moving to Los Angeles.
– Landing Strip Poker and doing USO Tours.
– Graham describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Graham discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Bonus question, Graham describes what makes a good joke.
– Graham’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Sierra Nevada, Flipside Red IPA
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He hates when people publicly call for someone’s job. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.