Episode forty-five wants you, we can bring it on the floor, you’ve never danced like this before, we don’t talk about it! On the forty-fifth Box Angeles comedian Jodi Miller (America’s Got Talent, Co-Ed Confidential) stops by Studio 309. She discusses why everyone should be in therapy, her time writing soft core porn, what happened with America’s Got Talent and more!
The BA #045 Breakdown —
– Box rants performers wearing shorts.
– Drinking Jack Daniels and rituals.
– Growing up in north New Jersey and therapy.
– Doing plays as a youth and attending East Stroudsburg University.
– Majoring in broadcast journalism and musical auditions.
– Moving to NYC for musical theatre and bartending in Hoboken.
– Visiting an acting workshop in Los Angeles and being told to start comedy.
– Moving to Hermosa Beach at 28 and sending out pictures for Under-5s.
– Doing improv at the LA Connection and ghost writing scripts.
– Working on soft core porn and sticking out in resumes.
– Landing America’s Got Talent and getting cut by the producers.
– Performing for the troops and ideal audience size.
– Favorite place to perform and how to be funny at stand up.
– Jodi describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Jodi discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Jodi’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Lost Coast, Great White
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He hates when improvisers wear shorts. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.