Episode forty-seven wishes that it could be like the cool kids, ’cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in! On the forty-seventh Box Angeles writer / improviser Heather Anne Campbell (Saturday Night Live, Whose Line Is It Anyway?) stops by Studio 309. She discusses her affinity for Bitcoins, learning from Del Close, her time spent in Amsterdam with Boom Chicago, the Saturday Night Live / NYC grind, her love of anime and more!
The BA #047 Breakdown —
– Box rants walking to the right.
– Bitcoins and libertarians and drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Chicago and starting iO at age 14.
– Learning from Del Close and turning down long jump scholarships to attend Northwestern.
– Touring the likes of the Bahamas, Key West and graduating w/ a Bachelor of Science & Speech degree.
– Driving to Los Angeles in a Celica and getting screenplays optioned.
– Gaining celebrity in Amsterdam w/ Boom Chicago and delivering groceries after returning to LA.
– Landing a manager through the Midnight Show at UCB and landing SNL through a writing packet.
– Hating New York City and the grind of Saturday Night Live.
– Whose Line, short form and favorite part of LA.
– Heather describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Heather discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Heather’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Anderson Valley, Hop Ottin’ IPA
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He asks that you stay to the right when walking. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.