Episode forty-eight goes 0 to 100, real quick, real quick, whole squad on that real shit! On the forty-eighth Box Angeles writer / comedian Kerri Doherty stops by Studio 309. She discusses being an overly energetic child, the origins of her web series Geeking Out and more!
The BA #048 Breakdown —
– Box rants pumkpin ‘pie’.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Carver, MA and being the middle child.
– Being an overly energetic child and doing theater / sketches in high school.
– Attending UMass Dartmouth for forensic science for a year and transferring to Savannah College of Art and Design.
– Graduating with a film & television degree and moving to NYC.
– Briefly moving home after running out of money and getting back to Brooklyn.
– Starting live storytelling shows and working in advertising for cashes.
– The act of ‘Geeking Out’ and the origin of the web series.
– Moving to Los Angeles and working as a writers assistant on The Goldbergs.
– Kerri describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Kerri answers why Hollywood and her favorite thing about LA.
– Kerri discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Kerri’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Pizza Port, Ponto S.I.P.A.
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks pumpkin pie isn’t really a pie. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.