Take episode fifty to church, it’ll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies, it’ll tell you its sins and you can sharpen your knife! On the fiftieth Box Angeles actor / improviser Mike ‘Box’ Elder (this podcast Box Angeles) stops by Studio 309 for an interview w/ Chris Gorbos (Westside Comedy Theatre). He discusses his dad not being there in his life, avoiding relationships in his twenties, how mascoting got him into entertainment, moving to Los Angeles and more!
The BA #050 Breakdown —
– Neighborhoods in Los Angeles and Chris rants rent and housing prices.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Minnesota w/o a Dad and avoiding relationships.
– Brainerd High School and going to the University of Minnesota.
– More Dad talk and the greatest Mother in the world.
– Moving to LA and the podcast origins.
– Box describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Box answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Box discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Box’ favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, Might As Well IPL
Chris Gorbos is a co-owner of Mi’s Westside Comedy Theater in Santa Monica. He used to Tinder a lot. Follow him on Twitter @ChrisGorbos.