So it’s gonna be forever, or it’s gonna go down in flames. You can tell episode fifty-one when it’s over, if the high was worth the pain! On the fifty-first Box Angeles writer / improviser Gil Ozeri (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Happy Endings) stops by Studio 309. He discusses his beer allergy, being short scared & anxious as a child, how a challenge got him into UCB, what sitcom writing rooms are like and more!
The BA #051 Breakdown —
– Box rants sinks and faucets.
– Drinking and rituals and remembering things.
– Growing up in Queens and having artsy parents.
– Being short, scared and anxious as a child and watching a lot of television.
– Sweaty hands and attending Binghamton University.
– Discovering drugs / alcohol and dropping out for a minute.
– Working as a bartender in Manhattan and taking classes at UCB.
– Creating Hot Sauce w/ Ben Schwartz & Adam Pally and taking commercial classes w/ Brooke & Mary.
– Getting a repped by CAA through phone sex pranks and moving to Los Angeles.
– Writing for Happy Endings and it’s early departure from air.
– Experience working with Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the discipline to write.
The BAQ —
– Gil describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Gil answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Gil discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Gil’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Sierra Nevada, Pale Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He wants contractors to test sinks before being satisfied. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.