Episode fifty-two is slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave, wave after wave! On the fifty-second Box Angeles improviser Nate Sherman (iO West) stops by Studio 309. He discusses his parents divorce, doing improv for Second City on cruise ships, his move – via boat – to LA, and more!
The BA #052 Breakdown —
– Box rants bills that don’t end on the month.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Ohio and having divorced parents.
– Being a annoying youth and running track.
– Going to Ohio State University and majoring in psychology.
– Discovering improv and moving to Chicago.
– Odd jobs like CVS / Jamba Juice and doing Second City cruises.
– Moving to Los Angeles via boat and getting into iO West.
The BAQ —
– Nate describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Nate answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Nate discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Nate’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Green Flash Brewing, Road Warrior
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He wants bills to always end on the 30th or 31st. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.