Cause you’re too sexy, beautiful and everybody wants a taste, that’s why episode fifty-four still gets jealous! On the fifty-fourth Box Angeles improviser / UCB artistic director Mike Still (Kroll Show, Happy Endings) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in Delaware, being the son of a state senator, doing improv at the Renaissance Fair, why he gravitates toward leadership roles, and more!
The BA #054 Breakdown —
– Box rants Christmas lights.
– Drinking and rituals and drunk improv and UCB Sunset.
– Growing up in Delaware / Pennsylvania and being the son of a state senator.
– Doing theatre as a youth and improv in the Renaissance Fair.
– Attending Penn State for political science and doing No Refund Theatre.
– Being a natural leader and a UCB Podcast Network?
– Traveling with the National Players and moving to NYC.
– Working for the DNC and doing sketches.
– Discovering Upright Citizens Brigade and moving to LA.
– Becoming the UCB Artistic Director and the need to create things.
– Rate my Improvfessor
The BAQ —
– Mike describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Mike answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Mike discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Mike’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Humboldt Brewing, Hemp Ale
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He loves all Christmas lights, except the big ones. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.