Raise your bottle and cup in the sky, sparks in episode fifty-seven like the fourth of july! On the fifty-seventh Box Angeles improviser / actor Dave Hill (Reno 911!, iO West) stops by Studio 309. He discusses moving to Chicago, being a part of Princeton’s Triangle Club, his experiences being on Reno 911! (twice) and more!
The BA #057 Breakdown —
– Box rants curly fries, and Simplot.
– Drinking and rituals and unplugging.
– Growing up in the northwest Chicago and being a talkative / energetic only child.
– Playing basketball and discovering acting in fifth grade.
– Attending Princeton for political science and performing in the Triangle Club.
– Moving back to Chicago to act / improv and working odd jobs like handling parking claims.
– Visiting Los Angeles for a pilot season and sitting in on improv sets throughout town, including King Ten.
– Driving a Passat to LA and getting a hungry manager.
– Putting up a show at Aspen Comedy Arts Festival and experience on Reno 911!
The BAQ —
– Dave describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Dave answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Dave discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Dave’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Firestone, Velvet Merlin
For more Dave, check him out live at iO West.
Mike ‘Box’ Elder is an aspiring actor. He thinks curly fries are a ruse. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.