Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold, but you will remember episode fifty-eight, remember it for centuries! On the fifty-eighth Box Angeles improviser Ray Gordon (iO West) stops by Studio 309. He discusses how tragedy and divorce made him an angry kid, how a college professor at Virginia Tech got him into improv, his career aspirations, and more!
The BA #058 Breakdown —
– Box rants standing right next to the baggage claim.
– Drinking and substance abuse and rituals and dark chocolate.
– Growing up outside Philadelphia and being an angry kid.
– Briefly attending boarding school and writing a creative letter.
– Being a runner and attending Virginia Tech.
– Taking an improv class, changing majors and the shooting.
– Trips to NYC for UCB workshops and moving to Chicago.
– Odd jobs like dressing up as Kenneth from 30 Rock and diving in at iO.
– Moving to LA and career aspirations.
The BAQ —
– Ray describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Ray answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Ray discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Ray’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Anderson Valley, Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates that people crowd the baggage carousel. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.