Well, episode sixty’s got thick skin and an elastic heart, but your blade it might be too sharp! On the sixtieth Box Angeles comedian / actor Johnny Pemberton (22 Jump Street, Kroll Show) stops by Studio 309. He discusses having colitis as a youth, not knowing how to get into comedy, his continual need to fail, and more!
The BA #060 Breakdown —
– Box rants bathrooms without music.
– Drinking and brewing and rituals.
– Growing up affluent in Rochester, MN and being the oldest of four.
– Having colitis and attending Lourde’s Catholic High School.
– Playing the bass and attending Florida State University
– Moving back home, working at Vinyl Fever and trying to get a job in Chicago.
– Coming to Los Angeles and getting a job with Fox immediately.
– Starting out in comedy at UCB and beginning bombs / successes.
– Booking Megadrive and taking an acting class and hating commercial auditions.
The BAQ —
– Johnny describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Johnny answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Johnny discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Johnny’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Eel River, IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates bathrooms that don’t have music playing. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.