Sugar, yes, please, won’t you come and put it down on episode sixty-one?! On the sixty-first Box Angeles actor Milana Vayntrub (House of Lies, Silicon Valley) stops by Studio 309. She discusses playing in the streets of WeHo as a child, dropping out of Beverly Hills High School, how producing her own content in Live Prude Girls was crucial to her success, and more!
The BA #061 Breakdown —
– Box rants the hurriedness to get on airplanes.
– Drinking and vices and rituals and procrastination.
– Growing up in West Hollywood and being born in Uzbekistan.
– Divorced parents, a younger sister and playing in the streets as a child.
– Being a talker and getting into Barbie commercials when she was five.
– Getting turned off by acting in teens and dropping out of Beverly Hills high school at 16.
– Attending UC San Diego and getting back into theatre.
– Briefly moving to NYC for a job and re-starting in the biz in LA.
– Odd jobs like juice bars, hostess-ing, and PA-ing.
– How a hike got her inspired to make her own content and starting Live Prude Girls.
– Finding her comedy chops working as a waitress in college at East Village Tavern & Bowl.
– Landing the AT&T Lily Adams gig and selling Live Prude Girls to MTV.
The BAQ —
– Milana describes what she does in three words and gives her logline.
– Milana answers why Hollywood and her favorite thing about LA.
– Milana discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Milana’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Saint Archer, Blonde Ale
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t understand why people are in such a hurry to get on the airplane. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.