If you could take episode sixty-two’s pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer! On the sixty-second Box Angeles writer / actor Allan McLeod (You’re The Worst, Drunk History) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in Alabama, taking a class with Seinfeld director Tom Cherones, finding UCB, and more!
The BA #062 Breakdown —
– Box rants ending prices in 99 cents.
– Drinking and traveling and drunk history and rituals.
– Growing up in Mobile, Alabama and losing a mother at 18.
– Being an annoying kid and messing with cows.
– Attending a magnet school, playing the tuba and hanging with slackers.
– Changing schools, playing football and getting active in theatre.
– Attending the University of Alabama for telecommunications / film and doing Guerilla Theatre.
– Taking a class w/ Tom Cherones and moving to Los Angeles.
– Getting into Central Casting and starting classes at Upright Citizens Brigade.
– Working as a transcriber and becoming a PA for Bobby Flay.
– Having Seth Morris introducing an agent and landing a Funny or Die gig.
– Landing You’re The Worst and Box’ love of that show.
The BAQ —
– Allan describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Allan answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Allan discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Allan’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Lagunitas, Brown Shugga’
For more Allan, follow him on Twitter @allanmcleod.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates menu items that end in 99. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.