Lady, running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, episode sixty-six wants to be your left hand man! On the sixty-sixth Box Angeles writer / podcaster Sean Clements (Workaholics, Parks and Recreation) stops by Studio 309. He discusses playing doubles tennis with Matt Besser, briefly attending Drew University, becoming a massage therapist, the unique way in which he met his finance, and more!
The BA #066 Breakdown —
– Box rants the opening credits of television.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Cheshire, New Haven County, Connecticut and being the son of a cop & nurse.
– Playing tennis (and later w/ Matt Besser) and doing theatre in high school.
– Briefly attending Drew University, before moving back home.
– Odd jobs; dry cleaner, Shakespeare in the Park and cooling system manual labor atop NYC high rises.
– Doing massage school and therapy for Cirque de Soleil while commuting to UCB classes.
– Landing a harold team from participating in Project Improviser and going teetotal.
– Booking the first two commercial auditions and landing a freelance writing gig for Popzilla.
– Moving to Los Angeles and the origins of Shitty Jobs.
– Getting a writing agent and landing Allen Gregory & Workaholics as a team w/ Dominic Dierkes.
– Hollywood Handbook and the point at which he broke in.
The BAQ —
– Sean describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Sean answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Sean discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Sean’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Eel River, Acai Berry Wheat
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates the opening credits on tv. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.