Cause episode sixty-seven knows how it is, go and handle your biz, and get that money, money, money! On the sixty-seventh Box Angeles entertainment businessman Adam Sachs (Earwolf, Wolfpop) lets Box stop by Earwolf Studios. He discusses starting his first business (a group dating app), what it’s like getting investments, working for a company that employs comedy people he adored, and more!
The BA #067 Breakdown —
– Box rants deleting phone numbers (and Adam guest rants light bulbs).
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Rumson, New Jersey and being the oldest of four.
– Enjoying comedy, playing basketball and participating in lots of clubs
– Doing very-short form improv and taking the train into see UCB.
– Attending Northwestern w/ double major of Radio / TV / Film & history and creating a hacky sack club.
– Taking the LSAT before moving to Europe to teach English.
– Moving to NYC to work for Sony and writing spec scripts.
– Starting the business StepOut (for group dating) and going through Techstars program in Colorado.
– Getting investments and growing the business, slowly, eventually becoming India’s biggest dating site.
– Moving to Los Angeles to become Earwolf’s COO (and Earwolf NYC??) before moving up to CEO.
– Launching Wolfpop and the future of podcasting.
The BAQ —
– Adam describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Adam answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Adam discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Adam’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Sierra Nevada, Nooner Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates deleting phone numbers. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.