So one last time, episode sixty-eight needs to be the one who takes you home! On the sixty-eighth Box Angeles writer Jeff Loveness (Jimmy Kimmel Live, Marvel) stops by Studio 309. He discusses making movies as a kid, his love of Dean Cain, having a sketch video go viral, experience writing comic books, and more!
The BA #068 Breakdown —
– Box rants the stupidity of groups of people, specifically at the Hollyhock house.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in small town Montgomery Peak, CA and making home movies as a kid.
– Doing theatre, playing golf and discovering The Simpsons.
– Making sketch videos using Sony Handycams and attending Pepperdine in Malibu.
– Love for Dean Cain and a couple Dean anecdotes, meeting / former girlfriend.
– Making content for the Random Show on campus tv before becoming host and posting to YouTube.
– Interning for NBC Universal and getting a gig with The Onion by sending a column / pitches.
– Dropping history major to focus on comedy and Wes Anderson Spider-man sketch taking off.
– Kimmel reaching out and taking an internship before submitting a packet to be a staff writer.
– Writing for the White House Corespondents dinner and auditioning for random acting gigs.
– Freelancing for Marvel writing comic books and when Jeff felt like he could do this for a living.
The BAQ —
– Jeff describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Jeff answers why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Jeff discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Jeff’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Mammoth, Epic IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder thinks groups of people are stupid. Follow him on Twitter @mikeboxelder.