It’s Cook County Social Club Week! On the seventy-first Box Angeles improviser / actor Brendan Jennings (Parks and Recreation, New Girl) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being an introverted goofball as a child, discovering theatre at Xavier University, being a Disney character in Orlando, and more!
The BA #071 Breakdown —
– Box rants digital antennas v cable.
– (Day) drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Suffolk County Long Island and being a middle child.
– An introverted goofball and discovering oneself through track & field.
– Attending Xavier University and getting into theatre / improv there.
– Creating the improv group Don’t Tell Anna and throwing shows around campus.
– Meeting his wife and moving to Orlando to be Disney characters.
– Doing improv at SAK and upgrading to an Equity actor at Disney.
– Moving to Chicago and jumping in at Second City Conservatory / iO.
– Understudying / touring before landing on the mainstage and CCSC origins.
– Working in a law office with comedians and making a pilot for Comedy Central.
– Moving to Los Angeles and the UCB Cagematch run.
– Landing Parks and Recreation (from Dorian) and Naomi Odenkirk as a manager.
The BAQ —
– Brendan describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Brendan answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Brendan discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Brendan’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Stone, Enjoy By 4/20/15 IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates paying for cable. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.