It’s Cook County Social Club week! On the seventy-second Box Angeles improviser / actor Greg Hess (Key & Peele, Playing House) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being an outdoorsy kid, majoring in religion at William & Mary, having to re-start in Los Angeles, and more!
The BA #072 Breakdown —
– Box rants calendars starting on Mondays.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Staunton VA and being an outdoorsy, pastoral, gun wielding child.
– Attending William & Mary for Improvisational Theater (IT) and majoring in religion.
– Moving to Chicago for Second City / iO and working at the Art Institute of Chicago.
– Doing Tour Co, cruise ships and the origins of Cook County Social Club.
– Marrying his teacher Holly Laurent and moving to LA via a multi-week, international road / boat trip.
– Drinking, smoking & reflecting on Chicago and having a 34-week run in the UCB Cagematch.
– Improv in LA and getting representation.
The BAQ —
– Greg describes what he does in three words and gives his logline.
– Greg answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Greg discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Greg’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Stone, Enjoy By 4/20/15 IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates calendars that start on Monday. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.