It’s been a long day without you, friend, and episode seventy-five will tell you all about it when it sees you again! On the seventy-fifth Box Angeles improviser Justin Michael Terry (iO West, ComedySportz) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being an annoying kid, following a girlfriend to University, touring the world for ‘Walking w/ Dinosaurs’, and more!
The BA #075 Breakdown —
– Box rants mixing detergent and water for laundry.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Born in Katie, Texas, growing up in Colorado and being an annoying kid.
– Discovering improv senior year of high school and taking three years off to do community theatre.
– Following a girl to the University of Northern Colorado and doing a lot of art.
– Majoring in theatre and briefly considering becoming a chef.
– Running the university’s improv club and touring for Walking with Dinosaurs.
– Moving to Los Angeles and taking classes at iO / Groundlings.
– Landing an agent through Writing Lab and favorite place to improvise.
The BAQ —
– Justin describes what he does in three words.
– Justin answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Justin discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Justin’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Saint Archer, White Ale
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates pouring detergent on top of clothes. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.