“You’re holding back” episode seventy-eight said, “Shut up and dance with me!”! On the seventy-eighth Box Angeles improviser / actor Jon Gabrus (Workaholics, Comedy Bang! Bang!) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up as a wise-ass kid in Long Island, his obsession with Navy Seals, his time spent as a production assistant, how he got on MTV’s Guy Code, and more!
The BA #078 Breakdown —
– Box rants passing etiquette.
– Drinking and drunk performing and rituals.
– Growing up in Long Island and being a third generation “employee of television”.
– Being a smart, wise-ass kid and a love for swimming / movies.
– A Navy Seal obsession and crying on airplanes.
– Attending Marist College in-shape and getting into rugby and the Humarists.
– Majoring in communications, discovering UCB and interning on ‘I Love the 90s’.
– Production assistant-ing, unemployment and Guy Code.
– Getting married, moving to Los Angeles and life advice for turning down work.
The BAQ —
– Jon describes what he does in three words.
– Jon answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite thing about LA.
– Jon discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Jon’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Saint Archer, Double IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder knows roads. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.