Episode seventy-nine wants to rock with somebody! On the seventy-ninth Box Angeles improviser / actor D’Arcy Carden (Broad City, Inside Amy Schumer) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in a musical family from the Bay Area, playing aggressive water polo in high school, being patient with theatre, odd jobs like trend-spotter, and more!
The BA #079 Breakdown —
– Box rants glass v. squeeze bottles (and D’Arcy kicking a shoe into Matt Besser’s face).
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in a musical family in the SF Bay Area and parents running BAM Magazine.
– Being an outgoing kid, playing water polo and partying a lot.
– Attending Southern Oregon University and finding success in theatre after much patience / failures.
– Moving to NYC but taking acting gigs back in SF and seeing Asssscat for the first time.
– Odd jobs like being a trend-spotter and joining the union by being a background actor on SNL.
– Funny or Die moving the couple to LA and re-starting on the left coast.
– Search History and having a friend’s manager / agent hookup.
The BAQ —
– D’Arcy describes what she does in three words.
– D’Arcy answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite thing about LA.
– D’Arcy discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– D’Arcy’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, Gingerbread Stout
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates glass bottles / jars. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.