Cause, baby, now episode eighty-one’s got bad blood, you know it used to be mad love! On the eighty-first Box Angeles actor / improviser Lauren Pritchard (Modern Family, True Blood) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in a loud family in Orlando, starting improv at an early age, performing for the likes of Disney & Universal, how she landed MADtv, and more!
The BA #081 Breakdown —
– Box rants people eating food in improv class.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Orlando and being one of five children in a loud family.
– Being a loudmouth, talkative kid and starting dance at age 2, eventually touring the nutcracker.
– Auditioning for the Mickey Mouse Club and starting stand up comedy in junior high.
– Taking improv at SAK w/ Wayne Brady teaching and becoming a main stage performer by graduation.
– Working for Pleasure Island at Disney and then hosting Nickelodeon live shows / making slime.
– Moving to Seattle, performing w/ Theatersports and training in Minneapolis for Disney cruise.
– Heading to Los Angeles, working for Universal Studios and joining the union.
– Hitting rock bottom in a terrible housing situation and landing MADtv.
The BAQ —
– Lauren describes what she does in three words.
– Lauren answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite thing about LA.
– Lauren discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Lauren’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Golden Road, 20/20 IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates when people eat in improv class. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.