You know you like episode eighty-three but it drives you insane! On the eighty-third Box Angeles host / improviser Kelly Vrooman (The Chica Show, The Sunny Side Up Show) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being a painfully shy kid, the moment she discovered the power of comedy, religion & meditation, the six years she spent hosting a children’s program, and more!
The BA #083 Breakdown —
– Box rants dressing on top of lettuce.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in the country of Mansfield, OH and being painfully shy & insecure.
– Discovering the power of humor in grade school and participating in speech.
– Getting into cheerleading and being a part of a religious family.
– Attending Malone University and performing in the Renaissance Fair in Lancaster, PA.
– Moving to Philadelphia to act and landing the hosting role on Sprout’s Sunny Side Up Show.
– Acting in the spin-off Chica Show, doing improv on the weekends and recording 24/7 Comedy.
– Driving across country to Los Angeles and trying to find a footing.
– Improv at Comedysportz, writing constantly and a brief stint in a tent in Florida.
The BAQ —
– Kelly describes what she does in three words.
– Kelly answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite thing about LA.
– Kelly discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Kelly’s favorite thing she has done and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer — Speakeasy, Tallulah Extra Pale Ale
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder has lots of personal lifehacks, like putting the dressing right on top of the lettuce. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.