‘Cause episode eighty-six just wants to look good for you, good for you, uh-huh! On the eighty-sixth Box Angeles improviser Brian Jack (Cougar Town, Mad Men) stops by Studio 309. He discusses starting improv in high school, winning the funniest man on campus contest at Columbia College, the grind of touring, performing at Boom Chicago in Amsterdam, and more!
The BA #086 Breakdown
– Box rants the inefficient court system.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in the Chicago ‘burbs and being an outgoing, bad student.
– Leaving sports for theater and DJ-ing ComedySportz shows as a senior.
– Attending Columbia College, winning the funniest man on campus competition and dropping out.
– Getting into improv, touring with Mission Improvable and booking some commercials & a pilot.
– Moving to Amsterdam for Boom Chicago and meeting the future wife.
– Touring with Second City and odd jobs like realtor & private eye.
– Doing a Los Angeles test run w/ help from Matt Jones and landing Mad Men.
– Ten more days in Amsterdam filming insurance commercials, joining the union and ultimate goal.
– Brian describes what he does in three words.
– Brian answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Brian discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Brian’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, Heal the Bay IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder finds the court system ridiculous. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.