Give it to episode ninety, it’s worth it, baby, it’s worth it! On the ninetieth Box Angeles actor / improviser Brian Huskey (This Is The End, Veep) stops by Studio 309. He discusses not meeting his biological father until he was a teenager, playing in a band after college, learning under the UCB4, being roommates with Rob Corddry, how he lost the Sonic commercial campaign, and more!
The BA #090 Breakdown
– Box rants shh-ing people.
– Gluten and drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Charlotte NC and not meeting biological father until 17.
– Playing with toys a lot and being in the same school for twelve years.
– Attending UNC-Greensboro w/ a rich kid attitude and graduating w/ an English degree, photo minor.
– Getting performance kick from playing in a band, Bicycle Face and moving to NYC for photo school.
– Working as a photographer’s assistant, losing the passion for it and living with Rob Corddry.
– 9/11 morning story, taking classes taught by the UCB4 and early vibe of the theatre.
– Taking photos for City Search, landing bits on Conan and getting a commercial agent.
– Landing the Sonic campaign with Molly Erdman, losing said campaign and selling screenplays.
– Moving to Los Angeles, having a child and getting a new footing.
– Longest drought of no work, never taking acting classes and exciting roles.
– Brian describes what he does in three words.
– Brian answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Brian discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Brian’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, Citra Bend
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates adults who can’t be quiet when asked politely. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.