Blow a kiss, fire a gun, episode ninety-one needs someone to lean on! On the ninety-first Box Angeles actor / improviser Paul Welsh (Broad City, Key and Peele) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being a swimmer growing up, working for a hedge fund in NYC, going all-in with UCB, and more!
The BA #091 Breakdown
– Box rants Saturday auditions.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in New Fairfield, CT and being a swimmer / performer growing up.
– Being the high school class president and attending Georgetown University.
– ‘Improvisation for Social Change’ class and dreaming of LA / Groundlings.
– Moving to NYC and working for a law firm, then hedge fund, then finding UCB.
– Getting an agent through an improvised soap opera show and making a Harold team.
– Relocating to LA after moving to somewhere inhospitable and writing a solo show.
– Connections leading to credits, joining the union and loving what we’re doing.
– Paul describes what he does in three words.
– Paul answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Paul discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Paul’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, Citra Bend
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates Saturday auditions. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.