Episode ninety-three only calls you when it’s half past five, the only time that it’ll be by your side! On the ninety-third Box Angeles actor JD Walsh (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Two and a Half Men) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being an obnoxious kid, attending a number of different universities, starting Ultimate Improv, and more!
The BA #093 Breakdown
– Box rants gum disposed in parking lots.
– Not drinking and rituals and podcast themes.
– Growing up in Madison, WI and not speaking to father.
– Being an obnoxious kid and getting into theater via Speech class.
– Briefly attending the University of Minnesota and transferring to UC Santa Barbara.
– Discovering improv through Theatresports and graduating from UCLA with a theater BA.
– Starting Ultimate Improv in Westwood and successes / failures with that.
– Sending out headshots and booking the first commercial audition.
– Landing a recurring role on Smart Guy at 23 and being ready when Dharma & Greg came.
– Never really working outside entertainment and the darkest period post 9/11.
– Still auditioning for commercials and advice.
– JD describes what he does in three words.
– JD answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– JD discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– JD’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, Heal the Bay IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates inconsiderate gum throwers. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.