All episode ninety-five’s life, you stood by it, when no one else was ever behind it! On the ninety-fifth Box Angeles actor / improviser Mike Castle (Clipped, Sirens) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up as what he thought to be a cool kid on the Southside of Chicago, landing a manager at age 13, booking eight commercials before graduating high school, love of performing improv, and more!
The BA #095 Breakdown
– Box rants sliced chicken.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up on the Southside of Chicago and walking around the neighborhood being ‘cool’.
– Mom being a big advocate and starting in theatre & Second City classes.
– Attending an all boys Catholic high school and being obsessed with studies.
– Having an LA-based manager at 13 and booking eight commercials before 18.
– Going to the University of Illinois for rhetoric and starting doing sketch.
– Driving to Los Angeles and living with friends from Cambridge College in England.
– Getting involved at iO / UCB through classes & performances and writing pilots.
– Booking the untitled Mandy Moore pilot and doing a commercial directed by Christopher Guest.
– Favorite improv space and the dream.
– Mike describes what he does in three words.
– Mike answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Mike discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Mike’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Lagunitas, Maximus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder isn’t a fan of sliced chicken. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.