What do you mean? When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no! On the ninety-sixth Box Angeles actor Timm Sharp (Blunt Talk, Undeclared) stops by Studio 309. He discusses hitting rock bottom, growing up in Fargo during its fame, how Judd Apatow took a chance on him, wanting to conquer improv later in life, and more!
The BA #096 Breakdown
– Box rants food server size versus portions provided.
– Sobriety and rock bottom and rituals.
– Growing up in Fargo and being a ‘theatre dude’.
– Learning at Trollwood Performing Arts and attending the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
– Life in New York, survival jobs and getting on the school’s company / a manager.
– Judd Apatow taking a chance w/ Undeclared and moving to Los Angeles.
– Consistently getting acting work and six failed pilots.
– Stage v film, getting into UCB improv and turning down roles.
– Agents & Manager relationships and Blunt Talk.
– Timm describes what he does in three words.
– Timm answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Timm discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Timm’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Stone, Pale Ale 2.0
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder eats Chipotle when employed. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.