Episode ninety-eight knows when that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing! On the ninety-eighth Box Angeles actor Nelson Franklin (New Girl, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in Hollywood, attending the Tisch School, how assistant gigs led to him landing representation, and more!
The BA #098 Breakdown
– Box rants girls + headboards.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Hollywood and having a divorced screenwriting father & french mother.
– Being among privilege at Campbell Hall High School and stumbling into theater.
– Attending NYU’s Tisch School, life in New York City and getting involved in sketch comedy.
– Working assistant gigs in the entertainment world and through that landing a manager & agent.
– First audition for Allison Jones and pivoting that into ‘The Office’ & ‘I Love You, Man’.
– Getting regular work but still having a day job as a carpenter and being in the Oscar winning ‘Argo’.
– Roles being cut, pilots, the dream and working for dad.
– Nelson describes what he does in three words.
– Nelson answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Nelson discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Nelson’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, Point the Way IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder has some theories on ladies. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.