You watch episode ninety-nine bleed until it can’t breathe, shaking, falling onto my knees! On the ninety-ninth Box Angeles writer Hayes Davenport (Eastbound & Down, Family Guy) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up around privilege, writing for the Harvard Lampoon, his first job in Hollywood be for the Game Show Network, his podcast Hollywood Handbook, and more!
The BA #099 Breakdown
– Box rants managers.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up outside Boston in classy Wellesley and having smart parents plus a generous brother.
– Trying hard to be cool / popular in grade school and being a rower.
– Attending Harvard, writing for The Lampoon and majoring in social studies.
– Moving to Los Angeles, tutoring for an income and having a hook-up for a Game Show Network gig.
– Being hip-pocketed by CAA and landing Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time via submission.
– Writing for Big Lake, Flintstones, a drought of no work before cashing in for Eastbound & Down.
– Joining the union, what’s the dream and relationship with Holly Handbook co-host Sean Clements.
– And Jeopardy!
– Hayes describes what he does in three words.
– Hayes answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Hayes discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Hayes’ favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, 329 Lager
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates managers. Follow him on Twitter @boxangeles.