If episode one-hundred and three got locked away, and it lost it all today, tell it honestly would you still love it the same?! On the one-hundred and third Box Angeles actor / improviser Johnny Meeks (Modern Family, Comedy Bang! Bang!) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in a religious / social activist family, attending Ohio Wesleyan University, getting involved early at UCB LA, and more!
The BA #103 Breakdown
– Box rants see-through balconies.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in religious St. Louis family and being a shy kid who drew.
– Getting into theatre in high school and doing Theatresports improv.
– Writing / performing a preachy play and attending Ohio Wesleyan University.
– Starting an improv troupe in college and moving to DC after graduation to act.
– Touring with National Players and heading to Los Angeles with the wife.
– Making the movie Alleyball with friends and getting involved early at UCB.
– Getting a theatrical agent and landing gigs through contacts / connections.
– Johnny describes what he does in three words.
– Johnny answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Johnny discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Johnny’s favorite thing he has done and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, 329 Lager
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates glass balconies. Follow him @boxangeles.